Popular Shore Destinations
Discover popular Shore spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
Bondi Beach NSW
- Bondi Beach is a popular beach and the name of the surrounding suburb in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Bondi Beach is located 7 km east of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of Waverley Council, in the Eastern Suburbs.
- Ericeira is a civil parish and seaside community on the western coast of Portugal considered the surfing capital of Europe for being the only European spot among the World Surfing Reserves and due to the exceptional coastline conditions for the practice of Surf.
- Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur to the south-west.
- Vikings were the seafaring Norse people from southern Scandinavia who from the late 8th to late 11th centuries pirated, raided and traded from their Northern European homelands across wide areas of Europe, and explored westward to Iceland, Greenland, and Vinland.
Ría de Aldán
- The Ons Island is the main island of a small archipelago in the coast of Pontevedra in Galicia, Spain. Ons belongs administratively to the municipality of Bueu, which has a regular ferry boat connection to the island, as have the mainland towns of Portonovo, Sanxenxo, Marín and Aldán.
- Diu, also known as Diu Town, is a town in Diu district in the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, India. Diu District is the tenth least populated district of India. The town of Diu lies at the eastern end of Diu Island and is known for its fortress and old Portuguese cathedral. It is a fishing town.
- Lagos is a municipality at the mouth of Bensafrim River and along the Atlantic Ocean, in the Barlavento region of the Algarve, in southern Portugal. The population in 2011 was 31,049, in an area of 212.99 km². The main town of Lagos has a population of approximately 22,000.
- Nazaré is a municipality in Oeste region and Leiria District, in historical Estremadura province of Portugal. It is one of the most popular seaside resorts in the Silver Coast. The population in 2011 was 15,158, in an area of 82.43 km². The present mayor is Walter Chicharro, elected by the Socialist Party.
- Krabi is the main town in the province of Krabi on the west coast of southern Thailand at the mouth of the Krabi River where it empties in Phang Nga Bay. As of 2010 the town had a population of 52,867. The town is the capital of Krabi Province and Krabi District. Tourism is an important industry. Krabi is 783 km south of Bangkok by road.
- Porto or Oporto, is the second-largest city in Portugal, one of the Iberian Peninsula's major urban areas. Oporto city has a population of 237,559 and a metropolitan area with 2.4 million people in an area of 2,395 km², making it the second-largest urban area in Portugal.
- Varkala, also known as The Pearl of the Arabian Sea, is a municipality in the Thiruvananthapuram district, situated in the Indian state of Kerala. Varkala is home to 3% of the total urban population and most densely populated municipality of the district.
- Muriwai, also called Muriwai Beach, is a coastal community on the west coast of the Auckland Region in the North Island of New Zealand. The black-sand surf beach and surrounding area is a popular recreational area for Aucklanders. Gannets nest there in a large colony on the rocks. The New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage gives a translation of "water's end" for Muriwai.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Shore
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
Taking photos of sunsets is always a gamble! You can never trust the weather forecast to tell you whether the sky will be photo worthy, more often than not you’ll probably be disappointed with the result. We had been checking the sky for a week to try and get out for some sunset photos but every evening was overcast. The day this photo was taken wasn’t any different, with a thick bank of cloud on the horizon, but we decided to skip dinner and go a few miles to Talisker Bay to see if the sun would surprise us. We got there about an hour before and knew it was going to be a special evening.
Now merely a shadow of its former self, the Ghost Tree, is a point of interest on the 17 Mile Drive inside the gated community of Pebble Beach. Offering one of the most scenic car drives in the United States, you’ll stop at the map’s designated location to view and photograph a bleached white Monterey Cypress.