Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park is an American national park located in the western Sierra Nevada of Central California, bounded on the southeast by Sierra National Forest and on the northwest by Stanislaus National Forest.Source: Wikipedia
Yosemite Valley in United States
Yosemite Valley is a glacial valley in Yosemite National Park in the western Sierra Nevada mountains of Central California. The valley is about 7.5 miles long and approximately 3000–3500 feet deep, surrounded by high granite summits such as Half Dome and El Capitan, and densely forested with pines.Source: Wikipedia
Shot with a NIKON D750. Exposure: 25, Aperture: 3.5, Focal Length: 24.0, ISO: 4000
About this picture
Where to sleep nearby ?
More Tips on Yosemite Valley from Travelers
- I’ve quickly discovered that Yosemite National Park is the Disneyland for outdoor enthusiasts and creatives. This is one of my first trips to the park after driving six and a half hours through the night from Los Angeles. At the time I was working a retail job that ended around 10:00PM at night. So I would leave with my wife after my shift and drive through the night to spend my day off at Yosemite. This was captured just after we woke up after a quick hour nap in our cramped Honda Accord. 21 24mm photos stitched together.
- We were looking to capture a foggy sunrise view of Half-Dome in Yosemite, but the weather wasn’t cooperating with us. The fog that did show up was low-lying and moving quickly through the trees like a ghostly river meandering through the canyon, swirling around the tallest trees in small eddies. Like too many forests, the valley is infested with borers, which has killed thousands of trees. The splash of golden trees mixed with the green is actually really beautiful, but a sad reminder of how fragile the forest is.
- Decided to embark on a long over due trip to Yosemite National Park. Coming into the park the weather was slightly overcast and extremely foggy. There were some breaks in the fog and the views were breath taking until we came around the corner to this photo. All I could think is how lucky we are to live on such a planet. GOD has created such master pieces everywhere and I am so thankful to be able to absorb this all in and get a chance to show you all my creations.
- We arrived in Yosemite around 6am. After catching the sunrising over Half Dome, we started exploring the valley floor. That’s when we came across two coyotes hopping around through a field, hunting for food. We began to approach them, and thankfully they didn’t notice. I was about ten feet away when they finally looked up and saw me. One ran, but the other took a slow turn and began to walk away. He looked back only for a brief moment before trotting off.
- We headed straight for Glacier Point with only a few hours of daylight left. A breathtaking view of the Half Dome awaited us as the snowfall increased and the valley became a mystery of snow and cloud. I counted myself among the few people able to witness heaven kissing earth in this spectacular moment. Officials quickly shut down the road urging everyone to make their way back to the valley.
- Just after sunrise we found this location in the center of the valley with a beautiful view of Yosemite Falls. Right now all the waterfalls are flowing from all the snow this winter. They should be flowing year round. Five of us friends took a one day road trip to make it for sunrise at Yosemite, slept during the day in our hammocks, and then shot sunset and night photos.
- Yosemite - Home of Half Dome. Yosemite is home to millions of visitors travelling across the world to see its picturesque views, and over-looming Granite Shelves. Among the most famous of them are Half Dome, sheared thousand of years ago from glaciers, this is the most famous due it is “Half” Dome appearance. Stay Adventurous! @michaelslouie
- After throwing itself off a cliff a half mile upstream, the Merced river roars under this bridge and down into the gorge beneath Glacier Point. This was taken on a trip from early May 2017. I’ve never seen the water this high. It was absolute insanity. I feel like I have to turn the volume down just looking at this picture.
- I’ve made the 6 hour trek to Yosemite nearly 30 times in the last three years, but this last time was my most special. I brought my one year old son for the first time. His reaction to the giant granite rock faces was just about the same as mine. He was full of joy and big smiles. I’ll never forget it.
Discover popular travel destinations of United States nearby
Book your flights to Yosemite Valley, United States
Book a Luxury Hotel in United States
This 10-story, waterfront hotel, 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge is located 2113 feet from the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade and is 1056 feet from the East River.
Overlooking Wailea Beach, this luxurious Maui hotel offers 3 swimming pools and 3 restaurants on-site.