Poon Hill in Histan Mandali, Nepal
Poon Hill is a hill station overlooking the Annapurna Massif range and Dhaulagiri mountain range, located on border of Myagdi District and Kaski District in Gandaki Pradesh of Nepal. This lookout is the key viewpoint in the Ghorepani Poon Hill trek.Source: Wikipedia
Shot with a NIKON D610. Exposure: 30, Aperture: 4, Focal Length: 35.0, ISO: 6400
About this picture
Where to sleep nearby ?
More Tips on Poon Hill from Travelers
Discover popular travel destinations of Nepal nearby
- Nepal has the most amazing starry skies I have ever seen. ⛰️✨ On a good night the sky is so clear that you can see the milky way bending over the horizon and tens of thousands of stars glimmering with your own eyes. And when it all happens among the world’s most magnificent mountains the setup is perfect.
- We had to wake up quite early. Hiking partly in the cover of the night, using the flashlights to light the path to reach the top of the hill. We were there right on time to see the sun slowly bathing the peaks of Annapurna. It was really magnificent view as the sun slowly reaches the peaks and gray turns into orange and finally white. The mountains that inspired so many artists, battled with so many alpinists and provided shelter to so many people in need.
- Closeup view of peak of Machapuchare. Machhapuchchhre or Machhapuchhre (from Nepali माछापुच्छ्रे , meaning 'fishtail', Tamu: कतासुँ क्लिको), is a mountain situated in the Annapurna massif of Gandaki Pradesh, north-central Nepal. Its highest peak has never been officially climbed due to the impossibility of gaining a permit from the government of Nepal.
- We were on a humanitarian missions trip with Project Doxa and Lead.Church to the Southern Regions of Nepal that were recently devastated by massive flooding in 2017. This is a picture of some of the people who live in a remote village on the India boarder. We were able to bring this village bags of rice to feed their families and tin that helped rebuild some of their huts that were destroyed in the flooding.
- Ganesh himal range as seen from Chandragiri hill top. Ganesh Himāl (Nepali: गणेश हिमाल) is a sub-range of the Himalayas located mostly in north-central Nepal, but some peaks lie on the border with Tibet. The Trisuli Gandaki valley on the east separates it from the Langtang Himal; the Budhi (Buri) Gandaki valley and the Shyar Khola valley on the west separate it from the Sringi Himal and the Mansiri Himal (home of Manaslu, the nearest 8000m peak).
- Spiritual adepts, cousins - Asanga Sakya, Abhaya Sakya, children, seated near their grandfather, HH Dagchen Sakya (not shown), tea cups, vessels holding rice offerings, white silk offering katas, silk table covers, Tibetan Buddhist lamas, monks, Eastern / Western students, wall murals, green drum, Tharlam Monastery, Boudha, Kathmandu, Nepal This is a blessed image. Please, If printed do not place on the floor, do not step over or on, after use please burn.
Langtang National Park
- We were in the Langtang region in Nepal on our mission to summit a mountain called the Naya Khanga (5863m). This photo was taken at our second base camp. I went up this little hill from where our tents were so that I can admire the beauty of the Himalaya mountains. In this photo, you can see Langtang Lirung (7227m). Oh, and can you spot the toilet in the picture?