Montmartre in Paris, France
Montmartre is a large hill in Paris's 18th arrondissement. It is 130 m high and gives its name to the surrounding district, part of the Right Bank in the northern section of the city.Source: Wikipedia
Shot with a ILCE-7M2. Exposure: 5, Aperture: 22.0, Focal Length: 24.0, ISO: 100
About this picture
Where to sleep nearby ?
More Tips on Montmartre from Travelers
Discover popular travel destinations of France nearby
- I just love this time. I’ve been there every year for the past 4 years and I’m already making plans to go back in October. I can wander these streets aimlessly and for hours, and the heat didn’t really stop me from walking everywhere instead of being packed into a metro car like some goddamn sardine. 10/10 would rent apartment if it didn’t cost upwards of half a million Eurodollars.
- Had one surprise night in Paris on my backpacking trip across Europe when my train was cancelled and loved the light and colors and action on the corner where I was standing. My work is 100% community-supported. You can fund my next photography adventure at Patreon.com/rvrmakes
- For my birthday, we decided to go out of Paris on a roadtrip with my friend. We love exploring the countryside, every road is full of surprises. After arriving at the beach, my friend got her lunch stolen by a seabird (that was a very sneaky attack). Fortunately, the exploration and the view from the cliffs made her day afterwards. It was one of the greatest experience I had in a long time.
- Le mont Saint-Michel est un îlot rocheux granitique d’environ 960 mètres de circonférence situé à l’est de l’embouchure du fleuve du Couesnon, dans le département de la Manche en Normandie, et dont le nom vient de l'archange saint Michel. Avant l'année 709, il était connu comme le « mont Tombe ». Pendant tout le Moyen Âge, il est couramment appelé « mont Saint-Michel au péril de la mer » (Mons Sancti Michaeli in periculo mari). L'abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel est située sur le mont, et le mont constitue une petite partie du territoire de la commune du Mont-Saint-Michel (wikipedia).
- The awesome city of Lyon in France has numerous landmarks. This shot though is taken on the road down from Basilica Notre Dame de Fourvière, a great attraction itself. When I saw this building, on my walk down, I was entranced by this house by the steep road. Who’s behind that window? Those black windows with that kind of view… there’s something mysterious about it.
- We were making our way from Grenoble city up to the Fort de la Bastille. It’s a long series of steep, winding roads to get to the top and we welcomed a short break on hike up. I captured this moment of my friend Alex overlooking Grenoble and I think it came out beautifully.
Book your flights to Montmartre, France
Book a Luxury Hotel in France
Well situated in the 2nd arr. District of Paris, Tinah Paris is set 1.2 km from Louvre Museum, 1.3 km from Pompidou Centre and 2.5 km from Sainte-Chapelle.
Set in a castle dating back to the 17th-Century, Château de La Ballue - Les Collectionneurs is classed as an Historic Monument and is surrounded by large...