Klöntalersee in Glarus, Switzerland
Klöntalersee is a natural lake in the canton of Glarus, Switzerland and covers the major part of the Klöntal valley floor. Since 1908, it has been used as a reservoir for electricity production.Source: Wikipedia
Shot with a X-T2. Exposure: 1/2000, Aperture: 1.2, Focal Length: 56.0, ISO: 250
About this picture
Where to sleep nearby ?
More Tips on Klöntalersee from Travelers
Discover popular travel destinations of Switzerland nearby
- The reverberating timbre of an Alp Horn drifted through the shadows cast by Santis; the most prominent peak in this area of the Alps. The weather was atypically warm and all of the locals made sure that we knew it. Each step we took brought us in and out of the sun’s warming rays as they danced between the trees and reflected off the deep pools under the mountain. A brief moment in the lake was enough to quickly remind anyone of the water’s precipitous voyage only 24 hours prior from the snow capped Santis peak.
- I finally began to shoot with my eos m5 and my nifty fifty again. So that means I have some pictures in store for you. The Narcissus Preset from Chris Hau works perfectly with fall and autumn themes. It boosts up my creative workflow too. I dig this image because it’s finally a “frozen in time” photograph that I’m content enough with to puplish on unsplash.
- The Pilatus Railway is a mountain railway in Switzerland and is the steepest rack railway in the world, with a maximum gradient of 48% and an average gradient of 35%. The line runs from Alpnachstad, on Lake Lucerne, to a terminus near the Esel summit of Pilatus at an elevation of 2,073 m (6,801 ft), which makes it the highest railway in the canton of Obwalden and the second highest in Central Switzerland after the Furka line. At Alpnachstad, the Pilatus Railway connects with steamers on Lake Lucerne and with trains on the Brünigbahn line of Zentralbahn. (Source Wikipedia)
- One of my best tours in 2018. After I hiked through the night, I reached the top of the mountain just in time for sunrise. I knew there was this tower close to the summit, but I’ve never been up there before. So I enjoyed a beautiful sunrise with great views to Davos/Klosters and the Prättigau-Valley before I descended back to Davos Wolfgang. By the way, the peak is reachable via a marked trail, so highly recommended for many skill levels…
- We were wandering around Grindelwald aimlessly while we ran into this church. After looking around, I decided to pull the drone out and grab a few shots. The epicness of the Eigar, Jungfrau and Monch surrounding this church and town was amazing. I had never felt this much of a grand presence and feel blessed to have been able to experience this.
Book your flights to Klöntalersee, Switzerland
Book a Luxury Hotel in Switzerland
Rising high on Mount Bürgenstock, this early 1900s villa offers luxurious rooms with balconies and a heated infinity pool overlooking Lake Lucerne.
Located 1476 feet above Lake Lucerne in the canton of Nidwalden close to Lucerne, this 5-star hotel awaits you with a combination of modern comfort and a...