Folgaria in Italy
Folgaria is a comune in Trentino in the northern Italian region Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol, located about 15 kilometres southeast of Trento. As of 31 December 2013, it had a population of 3,193 and an area of 71 square kilometres.Source: Wikipedia
Shot with a iPhone 6. Exposure: 1/476, Aperture: 2.2, Focal Length: 4.2, ISO: 32
About this picture
Where to sleep nearby ?
Discover popular travel destinations of Italy nearby
- I took this picture during a trip on the Lake Garda, in the north of Italy. I thought that the b&w was perfect to capture the atmosphere of this place: i thougth it was a silent, peaceful shot to take. The waves slowly and gently hitting the rocks, the bright sky and the absence of human presence, exept the little ship in the middle of the lake inspired me. I was on the edge of one of the rocks and I felt perfetctly balance, the same balance the picture gives me.
- We woke up at 5am to grab some sunrise shots over St. Marks square, but the weather wasn’t on our side. It was foggy, and all around presented terrible shooting conditions. As we were leaving, I decided to shoot a final picture at this arch leading into the square. The walkways in the image are a result of early morning workers getting ready for potential floods, and I was very happy with the way it lead into the arch, with mysterious yet inviting orange lights in the background.
Metropolitan City of Venice
- Walking around, looking for whatever I could find during my short time in Venice. It was just about evening, with the sun finally on it’s way down. It had been a blistering hot Summer’s day, and I was looking for some shade. I walked hastily across a short bridge, when I realized, only after crossing, that there was a beautiful canal with a pair of Gondola boat’s drifting through, so I real quickly made my way back and shot a few exposures that blended nicely into this image. This image predominately reminds me of the nice, cool break from the otherwise scorching sunlight that day.
- Picturesque Burano is known for its brightly colored fishermen’s houses and its casual eateries serving seafood from the lagoon. The Museo del Merletto has exhibits on the development of lace-making in the area, and shops sell lace products like linens and clothes, as well as the local butter cookies called “bussolai buranei.” The ancient Chiesa di San Martino has a leaning 17th-century bell tower.
- This might look like a frozen waterfall, but in reality is simply water that pours out of that point of the rock. In winter, nature takes care of everything else. Moments after taking the shot, the ice below me started cracking. I have NEVER heard that sound in real life before. Needless to say I was scared to death.
Lago di Braies
- It’s quite obvious that I have pledged myself to landscape photography. I ‘ve seen some amazing shots. Amazing. What bothers me sometimes (mostly in my photographs) is that there is no point of reference. It’s hard to clearly see the scale of these magnificent places. Did you see those tiny human silhouettes on the bottom left? Incredible perspective. We are so small, yet we do manage to hurt nature so much. And she’s been around way before us. Just a thought.
Tre Cime di Lavaredo
Book your flights to Folgaria, Italy
Book a Luxury Hotel in Italy
Hotel Miramonti is set at an altitude of 4035 feet with views over Merano, 6.2 mi away.
Stay right on Venice's Grand Canal and enjoy an intimate atmosphere and stunning interior design that mixes modern classical decoration with the original...