Popular Tundra Destinations
Discover popular Tundra spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Snøhetta is an international architecture, landscape architecture, interior design and brand design office based in Oslo, Norway and New York City with studios in San Francisco, California, Innsbruck, Austria, Paris, France, Hong Kong, China, Adelaide, Australia and Stockholm, Sweden.
- Scotland is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. Covering the northern third of the island of Great Britain, mainland Scotland has a 96 mile border with England to the southeast and is otherwise surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the north and west, the North Sea to the northeast and the Irish Sea to the south.
- Bieszczady Mountains is a mountain range that runs from the extreme south-east of Poland and north-east of Slovakia through to western Ukraine. It forms the western part of the Eastern Beskids, and is more generally part of the Outer Eastern Carpathians. The mountain range is situated between the Łupków Pass and the Vyshkovskyi Pass. The highest peak of Bieszczady is Mt Pikui in Ukraine. The highest peak of the Polish part is Tarnica.
Australian Alps Walking Track
Assiniboine Park Zoo
- Dyrhólaey, formerly known by seamen as Cape Portland, is a small promontory located on the south coast of Iceland, not far from the village Vík. In fact, Dyrhólaey is the southernmost point in mainland Iceland. It was formerly an island of volcanic origin, which is also known by the Icelandic word eyja meaning island.
G 6 Jing Zang Gao Su
- The Beijing–Tibet Expressway, commonly abbreviated to Jingzang Expressway, also known as Beijing–Lhasa Expressway or China National Expressway 6, is part of the Chinese national expressway network and is planned to connect the nation's capital, Beijing, to the capital of the Tibet Autonomous Region, Lhasa.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Tundra
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
March 2017, on the eve of my 28th Birthday, I decided to try and catch the Norther Lights for the first time. We sat in the national park Þingvellir, just outside Reykjavik for a few hours, freezing, unsure what we were looking for. Then right in the distance I saw a very feint white light appear in the sky where the clouds were just a short hour ago. I pointed it out just as people started to stand up and get excited. The lights started here and danced above our heads and over to the other side of the hill we were standing on. I cried.
My friend who is a Pilot for Air Safaris in my hometown, Lake Tekapo - New Zealand, asked if I wanted to join her on a flight as she had a spare seat. Of course I could not say no, as surrounding Lake Tekapo are beautiful mountains and stunning scenery!
Snaefellsnes in iceland, the part that also hosts arrow shaped mountain (or as it’s called for non-GoT viewers: Kirkjufell ;)). It not only provides that iconic view but many others, and is a great area just to drive around and be happy :) Buy awesome, limited edtition, photo prints: handpictphoto.com