Popular Sailing Destinations
Discover popular Sailing spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Bodrum is a district and a port city in Muğla Province, in the southwestern Aegean Region of Turkey. It is located on the southern coast of Bodrum Peninsula, at a point that checks the entry into the Gulf of Gökova, and is also the center of the eponymous district.
- Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and the most populous city in Canada, with a population of 2,731,571 as of 2016. Current to 2016, the Toronto census metropolitan area, of which the majority is within the Greater Toronto Area, held a population of 5,928,040, making it Canada's most populous CMA and the fourth most populous city in North America.
- Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur to the south-west.
- Jakarta, officially the Special Capital Region of Jakarta, is the capital and largest city of Indonesia. Situated on the northwest coast of the world's most populous island of Java, it is the centre of economy, culture and politics of Indonesia with a population of more than ten million as of 2014.
- La Rochelle is a city in western France and a seaport on the Bay of Biscay, a part of the Atlantic Ocean. It is the capital of the Charente-Maritime department. The city is connected to the Île de Ré by a 2.9-kilometre bridge completed on 19 May 1988. Its harbour opens into a protected strait, the Pertuis d'Antioche.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Sailing
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
The most beautiful moment was during the sunset, when we sailed between the islands: glass of wine, perfect sun, amazing colours around. We listened to the sea and suddenly i noticed that we were not alone: dolphins! Dozen of dolphins swimming around us in a clear water! I mean, this moment really couldn’t be better! I am really happy when you use my pics, but also it is really nice simply to know about it. Please, send me DM or e-mail with the link, tag me in Instagram @alexblock or Facebook @alexblocktravels. Thank you and have a great day!
I took this photo while standing on the Hermosa Beach Pier in California this past January. It was my first time out to the West Coast and it rained the whole trip. At first I was bummed, but it also meant that there was near perfect lighting every time I wanted to take a photo. This little sailboat was one of a few out on the water since it was off-and-on showers but I sure am glad they were there.
Fue una de las experienicas mas impactantes de embarcar en medio del lago y bajarme a disparar, fue emocionante porque me daba un poco de miedo que la camara se cayera al agua, aunque me emociono mas la vista que tenia, esta es una panoramica de 5 disparos en una, creo que salio espectacular. No crees?
Sailing boats resting peacefully in a marina in the island of Naxos. The picture speaks to me and says: Boats are made to sail. Masts are made to hold sails filled with wind and push boats into riding waves. But here nothing sails. No wind. No waves. I reply to the picture: Every journey has a destination. Every destination is also a new departure. And then the picture asks me : Do you see boats that have reached their destination or boats awaiting departure?. I remain silent. When I answer that, I will know. Am I Columbus leaving Palos de la Frontera or Ulysses reaching Ithaca?