Popular Lake Destinations
Discover popular Lake spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
Joffre Lakes Trail
- Joffre Lakes Provincial Park is a class A provincial park located 35 km east of Pemberton in British Columbia, Canada. It was established in 1988. Three glacier-fed lakes are located in the park: Lower, Middle and Upper Joffre Lakes. The rock flour in the water reflects blue and green waves, and gives the lakes a turquoise colour.
Yoho National Park
- Banff National Park is Canada's oldest national park, established in 1885. Located in Alberta's Rocky Mountains, 110–180 kilometres west of Calgary, Banff encompasses 6,641 square kilometres of mountainous terrain, with many glaciers and ice fields, dense coniferous forest, and alpine landscapes.
- Lake Doxa is an artificial lake in western Corinthia, Greece. It is situated at an elevation of 900 m, in the municipal unit Feneos, near the village Archaia Feneos. Construction was completed in the late 1990s. It is fed and drained by the small river Doxa, which empties into the plain of Feneos. In the heart of the lake on a small peninsula features a small church of Agios Fanourios. The Saint George Monastery in Feneos was relocated to higher ground, north of the lake. The lake is surrounded by pine forests.
Lago di Cei
- Lago di Cei, in German Cei See or Zeil See, is a lake in the comune of Villa Lagarina, not far from Rovereto in Trentino, northern Italy. The whole basin in which the lake lies was once occupied by a single, larger lake. After the latter drained, two smaller lakes remained: the largest, having a surface of c. 4.5 hectares, receives the water of the other, which has a semicircular shape a from which the Rio Arione outflows.
- Buntzen Lake is a 4.8 kilometres long lake in Anmore, British Columbia, Canada, in the Greater Vancouver area. It is named after the first general manager of the B.C. Electric Co., Johannes Buntzen. There is a smaller lake just to the north named McCombe Lake.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Lake
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
Wake up at 4 o’clock in the morning. Take the backpack, prepared the night before and get in the car. About 300km separate us from the destination. We reach the place around 7 AM. All parking lots are free and there is no one around. We walk towards the lake, that is not far from the parking lot and we see a lady who reads immersed in the silence of this magical place. To break the silence only a few birds and the camera shutter that tries to capture that incredible light.
Took a light pre-dawn stroll to ‘Reflections Island’ of Lake Matheson. The trek was easy and the directions were clear. It is always a good idea to arrive here before the crowd does! The morning fog also adds to the mirror-like lake, making it exceptionally enchanting.
I really enjoy taking a ride across Slovenia. Just me and my camera. Sometimes I get lucky and find secret spots here or a few steps across the border. This photo is taken at “Laghi di Fusine” in Italy, quite hidden spots of the best that nature can provide.
We spent our last money for a taxi taking us into Zermatt, a small tourist hotspot in the swiss alps. My friends and I walked about half an hour to sneak onto the last train to the Riffelsee. Up there it was bloody cold with temperatures below zero. We managed to sleep there anyway and it was totally worth it. When the sun started rising the clouds slowly disappeared and with the water still quiet the top of the Matterhorn got lit up step by step. The reflection in the Riffelsee made it the perfect shot. Highly recommended experience!
We where scooting for light painting place while we found this small beach on the Lac du Salagou, South of France. Was so quiet that we start seating and enjoying the view. What an error :) it was on the way of a Raccoon family. We started hearing their groan very few times before being forced to run :) We will remember this place for years and we will still come back for the view :)
I was on a shoot for a friend and while I was flying my drone I couldn’t help but take a couple pictures along with my videos. This image blew me away when I edited it. I took down the luminance and highlight of the sky and only after realized there were STARS in my picture!! Now mind you, I took this in the middle of the day! I was blown away, its crazy the quality of a tiny camera like this drone
I was visiting the beach of Mulege, Baja California in Mexico. I love the place because it is my ideal of place to live: mountains, rivers and sea. It was like 6:00 pm that day, and I also love to take sunset photos, but my objective was to just take the silhouette of the mountains. Hope you like it!
A sky full of bright stars on a night chasing the northern lights. That faint glow above the mountains is a little bit of the Aurora, although it didn’t pick up much further. Still, listening to the peepers under those stars was time well spent.
Back in December of 2013, I found myself in Kyoto, and one stop I had to see was the famous Golden Pavilion (Kinkaku-ji or officially, Rokuon-ji). Its a popular Zen Buddhist temple which is visited by many all year round. I can say with certainty that it did not disappoint.