Popular Forest Destinations
Discover popular Forest spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Tehran is the capital of Iran and Tehran Province. With a population of around 8.7 million in the city and 15 million in the larger metropolitan area of Greater Tehran, Tehran is the most populous city in Iran and Western Asia, and has the second-largest metropolitan area in the Middle East.
- Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and the most populous city in Canada, with a population of 2,731,571 as of 2016. Current to 2016, the Toronto census metropolitan area, of which the majority is within the Greater Toronto Area, held a population of 5,928,040, making it Canada's most populous CMA and the fourth most populous city in North America.
- The Blue Mountains are a mountainous region and a mountain range located in New South Wales, Australia. The region borders on Sydney's metropolitan area, its foothills starting about 50 kilometres west of centre of the state capital, close to Penrith on the outskirts of Greater Sydney region.
Muir Woods National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument is a United States National Monument managed by the National Park Service, named after naturalist John Muir. It is located on Mount Tamalpais near the Pacific coast, in southwestern Marin County, California. It is part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, and is 12 miles north of San Francisco.
Great Otway National Park
- The Great Otway National Park is a national park located in the Barwon South West region of Victoria, Australia. The 103,185-hectare national park is situated approximately 162 kilometres southwest of Melbourne, in the Otway Ranges, a low coastal mountain range.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Forest
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
We were looking to capture a foggy sunrise view of Half-Dome in Yosemite, but the weather wasn’t cooperating with us. The fog that did show up was low-lying and moving quickly through the trees like a ghostly river meandering through the canyon, swirling around the tallest trees in small eddies. Like too many forests, the valley is infested with borers, which has killed thousands of trees. The splash of golden trees mixed with the green is actually really beautiful, but a sad reminder of how fragile the forest is.
At the lake where I spent the most time during my childhood, this particular moment was still one I had never seen before. The combination of sun and fog was spectacular as it danced among the layers of forest that sat above the lake.
This photo was taken in the high mountains of Adjara, Georgia, while I was doing my project there. It was summer, but the temperature didn’t feel like it. I spent most of my days standing in front of this amazing view, thinking about the life that was waiting for me back in capital. Suddenly, I had a very strong desire to talk with the fog. Loudly. Thought it had many stories to tell too.
I made this picture on a cold and fogy morning in a German forrest. I wanted to stay in bed but i couldn,t resist the change to make some pictures from the fog . Whithout warm clothes i jumped on my bike and drove in to the forrest. After some driving around i found this spot with beautifull light. After an hour i came back home with frozen hands but it was worth it.
This summer was very hot. So hot that one of the best place to find some freshness was the cold tunnels of trees of the Black Forest. It was around 6PM and the light was very nice. To capture all the details of the scene, I shot with a 100mm Macro. ;-)