Popular Ecoregion Destinations
Discover popular Ecoregion spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- The Maldives, officially the Republic of Maldives, is a small island nation in South Asia, located in the Arabian Sea of the Indian Ocean. It lies southwest of Sri Lanka and India, about 1,000 kilometres from the Asian continent. The chain of 26 atolls stretches from Ihavandhippolhu Atoll in the north to Addu Atoll in the south to the equator.
- Almaty, formerly known as Alma-Ata and Verny, is the largest city in Kazakhstan, with a population of about 2,000,000 people, about 11% of the country's total population, and more than 2.7 million in its built-up area that encompasses Talgar, Boraldai, Otegen Batyr and many other suburbs.
- Addu City is a city in Maldives that consists of the inhabited islands of the southernmost atoll of the archipelago. Addu City is the second-largest urban area in Maldives, in terms of population, and is one of the two urban areas to get the status of "city" other than the capital city, Malé, and Fuvamulah.
- Bali is a province of Indonesia and the westernmost of the Lesser Sunda Islands. Located east of Java and west of Lombok, the province includes the island of Bali and a few smaller neighbouring islands, notably Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan, and Nusa Ceningan.
- Mount Tamalpais is a peak in Marin County, California, United States, often considered symbolic of Marin County. Much of Mount Tamalpais is protected within public lands such as Mount Tamalpais State Park, the Marin Municipal Water District watershed, and National Park Service land, such as Muir Woods.
- Sajek Valley is one of the popular tourist spots in Bangladesh situated among the hills of the Kasalong range of mountains in Sajek union, Baghaichhari Upazila in Rangamati District. The valley is 2,000 feet above sea level. Sajek valley is known as the Queen of Hills & Roof of Rangamati.
- Limbaži Municipality is a municipality in Vidzeme, Latvia. The municipality was formed in 2009 by merging Katvari Parish, Limbaži Parish, Pāle Parish, Skulte Parish, Umurga Parish, Vidriži Parish, Viļķene Parish and Limbaži town, the administrative centre being Limbaži.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Ecoregion
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
A long ride in a summer night to meet the famous flower filelds of Castelluccio di Norcia. Castelluccio di Norcia is a small town on the top of a hill in Umbria, the heart as well as one o the most beautiful region of Italy. The fields of lentils are completely covered with poppies, cornflower and canola after their flowering and color these endless fields that extend as far as the eye can see. Visit these places at least once in your life: they will fill your heart and mind with a beautiful memory.
During our trip through New Zealand we found this sweet spot. All the bras are from visitors. This is a social campaign from the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation near Queenstown. They collect some money with a little box for donations. Greet opportunity to finance a little bit for the research to fight agains breast cancer.
You know the feeling, when you feel that you need to take some pictures with your camera? When you are in the need to take pictures? Basically, this happened to me, and made my journey to the top of Budapests highest mountain. I found myself in a situation, that I am in love with the view from the top. I got my camera out of its bag, and started to take pictures. My best pictures are from that wonderful day. This photo just reminds me of that almost perfect day.
Each trip has a history, this particular is very shocking. They traveled 7 months from North America to the last piece of land of the American continent (Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego) on their Kawasaki Motorcycle. The one of california and she Mexican, united by the Love, the wheels and the Route
I’ve made the 6 hour trek to Yosemite nearly 30 times in the last three years, but this last time was my most special. I brought my one year old son for the first time. His reaction to the giant granite rock faces was just about the same as mine. He was full of joy and big smiles. I’ll never forget it.
Shot this photo of @vicky.flatt one week ago. The light was incredible and her performance couldn’t be better. Never did any proper “photoshoot” and this one nailed it completely. Looking forward to post more photos like this one.