Popular Canyon Destinations
Discover popular Canyon spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
Grand Canyon Village
- Grand Canyon Village is a census-designated place located on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, in Coconino County, Arizona, in the United States. Its population was 2,004 at the 2010 Census. Located in Grand Canyon National Park, it is wholly focused on accommodating tourists visiting the canyon.
- The National Hurricane Center is the division of the United States' NOAA/National Weather Service responsible for tracking and predicting tropical weather systems between the Prime Meridian and the 140th meridian west poleward to the 30th parallel north in the northeast Pacific Ocean and the 31st parallel north in the northern Atlantic Ocean.
- Masada is a kibbutz in northern Israel. Located in the northern Jordan Valley near the Sea of Galilee, it falls under the jurisdiction of Emek HaYarden Regional Council. In 2019 it had a population of 360. Although stll called a kibbutz, it has privatised itself in 2006.
- Vielsalm is a municipality of Wallonia located in the province of Luxembourg, Belgium. The town is part of the Arrondissement of Bastogne. It is the place of origin of the House of Salm. On 1 January 2018 the municipality had 7,821 inhabitants. The total area is 139.76 km², giving a population density of 56 inhabitants per km².
- Bad Schandau is a spa town in Germany, in the Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge district of the Free State of Saxony. It is situated on the right bank of the Elbe, at the mouth of the valley of the Kirnitzsch and in the area often described as Saxon Switzerland.
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
- Göynük Canyon is a canyon in Antalya Province, southwestern Turkey. The canyon is located inside the Beydağları Coastal National Park, about 4 km to Göynük village of Kemer district in Antalya Province. The 4.5 km-long canyon is an important part of the long distance trail Lycian Way. There are waterfalls and ponds inside the canyon. It offers outdoor recreational activities such as hiking and trekking on a daily base.
Grand Canyon National Park Headquarters
- Grand Canyon Airlines is a 14 CFR Part 135 air carrier headquartered on the grounds of Boulder City Airport, Boulder City, Nevada, United States. It also has bases at Grand Canyon National Park Airport and Page Municipal Airport, both in Arizona. It operates sightseeing tours and charter service over and around the Grand Canyon.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Canyon
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
This was taken on one of the stops on a 28 day 10,000 mile roadtrip a couple buddies and I took around the US right after undergrad graduation. This is one of my favorite spots, getting to sit on the edge with my feet hanging over a huge drop down into the river as the sunset put a beautiful red/orange glow on the rock around us was incredible.
Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon in the American Southwest. It is located on Navajo land east of Page, Arizona. It was formed by erosion of Navajo Sandstone, primarily due to flash flooding. Rainwater runs into the extensive basin above the slot canyon sections, picking up speed and sand as it rushes into the narrow passageways. I visited this wonder of nature in the summer of 2016.
We were lucky enough to win permits in the lottery (only 20 people a day can hike the wave) on our second try. There’s no trail, you receive a step by step guide with photos. It was extremely warm so we packed a lot of water. Most of the time we were alone. It’s really something you only get to see once in your life, if you’re lucky!
I could not stop looking up at the vast amounts of designs and textures each turn took you. Still today I want to go back every time I see a picture of this place. Your next hurts when you get out of the canyon but its worth the pain.
This is a pic of the famous Buckhorn Wash in Utah. It’s fading away due to erosion and the forces of nature; it’s sad to see such a amazing inspiring piece of art made hundreds of years ago. I’m really interested in Archeology and Anthropology as well, I just love history. :)
We’ve been on a very intense photography session for photographers at Antelope Canyon, Page, USA. at the same time, they have photographers groups and tourists, however, when photographers shoot guides stop all the tourists to avoid people in the shot. That girl always tried to do Instagram style picture, staying still with the book and looking to the side, while everyone was screaming and asking her to go away. Apparently, in one of my shot, she looks like a ghost and I kind of like it.