Popular Beach Destinations
Discover popular Beach spots with Pictures and Directions on a map
- Bali is a province of Indonesia and the westernmost of the Lesser Sunda Islands. Located east of Java and west of Lombok, the province includes the island of Bali and a few smaller neighbouring islands, notably Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan, and Nusa Ceningan.
- Nazaré is a municipality in Oeste region and Leiria District, in historical Estremadura province of Portugal. It is one of the most popular seaside resorts in the Silver Coast. The population in 2011 was 15,158, in an area of 82.43 km². The present mayor is Walter Chicharro, elected by the Socialist Party.
- The Maldives, officially the Republic of Maldives, is a small island nation in South Asia, located in the Arabian Sea of the Indian Ocean. It lies southwest of Sri Lanka and India, about 1,000 kilometres from the Asian continent. The chain of 26 atolls stretches from Ihavandhippolhu Atoll in the north to Addu Atoll in the south to the equator.
Bondi Beach NSW
- Maldives, officially the Republic of Maldives, is an archipelagic state in the Indian subcontinent of Asia, situated in the Indian Ocean. It lies southwest of Sri Lanka and India, about 700 kilometres from the Asian continent's mainland. The chain of 26 atolls stretches from Ihavandhippolhu Atoll in the north to Addu Atoll in the south.
- The United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves was a pluricontinental monarchy formed by the elevation of the Portuguese colony named State of Brazil to the status of a kingdom and by the simultaneous union of that Kingdom of Brazil with the Kingdom of Portugal and the Kingdom of the Algarves, constituting a single state consisting of three kingdoms.
- Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia and Oceania. Located on Australia's east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur to the south-west.
- Fuvahmulah City is an island in the Maldives. It is under Maldives administrative divisions of Gnaviyani Atoll or Nyaviyani Atoll. The inhabitants speak a distinctive form of the Dhivehi language, known as "Fuvahmulaki baha". Fuvahmulah means "Island of the Areca nut palms", Fuvah in the local language. Other places in the world like Penang in Malaysia and Guwahati in Assam, India, are also named after this nut.
- Diu, also known as Diu Town, is a town in Diu district in the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, India. Diu District is the tenth least populated district of India. The town of Diu lies at the eastern end of Diu Island and is known for its fortress and old Portuguese cathedral. It is a fishing town.
- Ericeira is a civil parish and seaside community on the western coast of Portugal considered the surfing capital of Europe for being the only European spot among the World Surfing Reserves and due to the exceptional coastline conditions for the practice of Surf.
- Krabi is the main town in the province of Krabi on the west coast of southern Thailand at the mouth of the Krabi River where it empties in Phang Nga Bay. As of 2010 the town had a population of 52,867. The town is the capital of Krabi Province and Krabi District. Tourism is an important industry. Krabi is 783 km south of Bangkok by road.
- Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and the most populous city in Canada, with a population of 2,731,571 as of 2016. Current to 2016, the Toronto census metropolitan area, of which the majority is within the Greater Toronto Area, held a population of 5,928,040, making it Canada's most populous CMA and the fourth most populous city in North America.
- Lagos is a municipality at the mouth of Bensafrim River and along the Atlantic Ocean, in the Barlavento region of the Algarve, in southern Portugal. The population in 2011 was 31,049, in an area of 212.99 km². The main town of Lagos has a population of approximately 22,000.
Travelers Tips and Stories about Beach
More pictures, more inspiration, more experiences...
I was randomly shooting the sunset when a family decided to walk back from the sea to the beach, I was just perfectly aligned with them and the golden hour sun. Captured the cute moment where the mother and father were holding hands. They noticed me afterwards and they asked if I had an instagram so they could see my work. We had a little chat and I showed the fresh photo directly on my camera screen, they were really happy with it ! I love the tones and how the backlight enhances group.
An unplanned trip to the Mornington Peninsula brought us to Gunnamatta Beach. This incredible surf beach is only a 1h30 drive away from Melbourne. I was still in the water when I saw the sun starting to come down and the sky transforming into bright orange and gold colours. I ran back to the car to grab my camera gear and capture the moment. #UnsplashExpedition
San Francisco always leaves me spellbound and curious. They say you should consider yourself lucky to live in a place like this from your dreams. I don’t think it is the one from my dreams because I never dreamt this grand. So enthralled by the beauty of a summer sunset at Seal Rocks. A perfect place to spend my weekend evenings.
I was on vacation in Barbados with my friends from university in may 2016. Barbados is right next door to the island Iâ€™m from (St. Vincent) and though Iâ€™ve always heard about itâ€™s beaches, I was in awe of the beauty in person. This was the first picture I took at this particular beach named â€œBrandonâ€™s Beachâ€� and is one of my favorite pictures of the whole trip because I couldnâ€™t believe paradise was just in my backyard.